Tuition Fees and Pricing
PCAA General Policies
Our Guest Relations Care Policies
At PCAA, we understand that life can get complicated. We also know that successful and fulfilling musical and performing arts & entertainment studies depend on regular commitment. That’s why we’ve designed our policies to give you as much flexibility as possible while still promoting consistency.
Our teachers reserve time on their schedules, plan for your classes and lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide consistent, fun & inspirational learning and event experiences, the following policies need to be observed.
If you have any questions regarding our policies, please contact us at email@example.com
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all lesson agreements made between Pickering Arts and Entertainment, LLC DBA Pickering Creative Artists Academy (“PCAA”) and its students and the parents/carers of its students (“the student”).
The Terms and Conditions set forth below have been created for the mutual success and benefit of all parties involved.
- Tuition is a flat monthly fee. The monthly tuition amount is averaged out over the year allowing for holidays and breaks. Most months have four (4) or five (5) classes/lessons, and on occasion, fewer. We follow the Cherry Creek School District Calendar for major breaks such as Fall Break, Christmas Break, Spring Break, etc. The averaged tuition makes it easier for you to know that your account will be charged the exact same amount each month.
- Membership guarantees a regular weekly appointment time for your class or lesson.
- Tuition payments are auto-billed monthly in advance of scheduled classes/lessons. All students are required to have a payment card on file with Pickering.
- Tuition is billed automatically to your credit card on the 25th of the month prior to the 1st of the following month.
- All payments are automated using recurring Credit Card billing. Billing can be set up by logging into your MMS (My Music Staff) account through the Parent/Student Portal on our website.
- Credit card payment instantly reserves enrollment, otherwise your space is not reserved until payment is received.
- A $10 late fee will be charged for payments received after the 15th of each month.
- Class/Lesson spots may be forfeited if tuition is over 2 weeks late. Since all payments are automated, lateness occurs when a payment is declined. Notification of a declined payment will be sent and billing information must be updated promptly through the Parent/Student Portal on our website.
- No refunds, credits or discounts will be given once tuition is paid.
- PCAA Instructors CANNOT accept payments in any form. Upon enrollment a student or guardian/caregiver will be set up with a Parent/Student Portal login. All session fee invoices, payments and lesson details are accessible there.
- Students are responsible for additional costs associated with educational materials, music books, instrument rentals, accessories, etc…
Attendance & Lateness
- Students are expected to be punctual to their weekly appointments.
- Students who are late for an appointment cannot be guaranteed their full appointment time.
- Students more than 5 minutes late will not get the full allotted appointment time. Since classes/lessons are scheduled back-to-back, lessons will end at the scheduled time.
- If your lesson starts late because the instructor’s schedule is running behind, you WILL receive your full lesson or an All Access Pass Missed Lesson Credit.
Missed Lessons & ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS
- NO tuition credit or refund will be provided for missed classes/lessons.
- Missing a lesson now and then is inevitable. While we do not provide makeup lessons, we do offer the best Missed Lesson Policy in the business! We offer up to 3 ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS PER TERM, no cancellation notice required! Students can drop into ANY of our regularly scheduled group classes should they miss their scheduled lesson, subject to class availability.
- ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS must be used during the current term - August-December, January-May, June-July.
- ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS issued but not used, reset to 0 at the end of each term or within 30 days of the end of the term depending upon the term date issued.
- ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS cannot be redeemed for cash value.
- You can redeem ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS through the Parent/Student Portal on our website or by calling the studio at 720-767-3627 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE DO NOT TEXT, CALL or EMAIL YOUR TEACHER – Pickering administration must have a record of a cancellation for you to receive an ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDIT.
- ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS have no cash value and cannot be used past it’s expiration.
- ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS cannot be rescheduled.
- You may decide to change Instructor or instrument at any time. Just call 720-767-3627 or email email@example.com and we will work with you to make arrangements as soon as a switch is available.
- If your current Instructor is unable to teach a lesson, a substitute Instructor will be arranged.
- If a substitute cannot be arranged, an Instructor absence credit will be issued to your account (Instructor absence credits do not expire and do not count towards the subscription credit limit).
- Regular class/lesson cancellation policy applies for classes/lessons with substitute Instructor. No ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS are issued for last minute substitutions.
- If your regular Instructor becomes unavailable, you will be provided a new Instructor with a similar teaching style, or the opportunity to try and choose a new Instructor.
School Holidays and Inclement Weather Cancellations
PICKERING CREATIVE ARTISTS ACADEMY 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR
SCHOOL HOLIDAYS (CLOSED)
Sep 02 - 05 Labor Day Weekend
Oct 17-22 Fall break
Nov 23 - 26 Thanksgiving
Dec 23 - Jan 07 Winter Break
Mar 20-25 Spring Break
May 26-29 Memorial Day
Jul 03-04 Independence Day
Sep 01-04 Labor Day
- In the event of an inclement weather cancellation, you will be notified of a studio closure. Classes/Lessons cancelled due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control will not be rescheduled nor will ALL ACCESS PASS MISSED LESSON CREDITS be issued.
- We generally follow the CCSD decisions for inclement weather cancellations.
- PCAA requires a 30-day written notice for students that want to withdraw.
- No refunds are issued.
- A 30-day written notice is required. Termination of tuition fees will begin 30 days from receipt of written notice. No refunds will be made for any missed classes or lessons.
- Verbal notice given to the Instructor will not be acted upon and is not considered sufficient unless confirmed in writing to PCAA main office by the student.
- If the student is unable to give 30 DAYS notice, they will be charged a late notice fee equivalent to one month's lessons.
- Exceptions on medical grounds may be made to this as decided by PCAA management.
- No refund or credit will be given for any cancellations part way through a fixed length program (such as an Introduction to Music course.)
- All makeup lesson credit(s) on your account expire after 30 days from cancellation effective date.
- Tuition may be transferable to an immediate family member. Contact the main office for details.
- PCAA does not provide tuition refund under any circumstances.
PCAA reserves the right to terminate membership, in which case prorated tuition will be refunded.
All correspondence is sent out via email. Some of PCAA’s communication is done via bulk delivery services e.g. mail merge, therefore there is a level of potential error associated with this. If you notice something incorrect e.g. lesson details or account details, it is not intentional. In these cases please let us know via email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can rectify the situation as soon as possible.
Care of Students
PCAA is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
You assume all risk of injury or harm to the child(ren) or adult(s) associated with participation in musical, performing arts and entertainment activities at PCAA and agree to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge PCAA and its officers and staff from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, and expenses in the unlikely event of injury sustained by your child(ren) or adult student during the course or as a result of their participation in related musical, performing arts and entertainment activities.
In the event of an emergency, I hereby authorize and request PCAA to provide or secure me/my child to receive emergency treatment at a hospital and/or from a licensed physician should the need arise. I hereby give my consent for PCAA to seek necessary emergency medical treatment for me/my child, and for me/my child to receive such emergency medical treatment, which may be deemed necessary or advisable in the event of injury, accident or illness. I further understand that the emergency contact listed will be called immediately if any emergency arises and I accept financial responsibility for all such medical treatment that may be provided.
Unless requested in writing, PCAA is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials PCAA creates. Permission is also hereby granted for PCAA to copyright such photographs in its name.
Pickering Arts and Entertainment, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to any person(s) at any time.
For all general enquiries email: Lessons@pickeringacademy.com
For all absence notifications email: Lessons@pickeringacademy.com
To call us phone: 720-767-3627 (available during office hours only.)
Policy effective upon enrollment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Policies & terms are subject to change.